If you’re doing any online dating, you’ve probably come across some of the these tactics used by spammers, or suffered the disappointment of discovering the hot cougar you’re communicating with doesn’t have honest intentions. Personally, I recommend MatureKiss.com because they are one of the few who don’t use fake profiles or fake messages. But regardless of which site you choose, I’ve put together a few easy ways to weed out the bad apples on your search for fun with experienced women.
- Don’t reveal personal details before meeting in person. Details like your address and phone number are the kinds of things scammers are want to get out of you. Keep these to yourself until you develop some in-person trust.
- Do a search on google. Looking up a potential lover’s username or even the text of their messages can be revealing. You might even find them on one of the many sites devoted to dating scams.
- Avoid long distance relationships with strangers. Most scammers will avoid victims in their own area to avoid getting caught. And keeping it local is clearly your best chance for real hookups.
- Is it their photo for real? Here’s a cool trick.. upload that sexy cougar’s photo to tineye.com. This site shows you other pages on the internet where the photo can be found. Scammers often use photos they find online.
- Watch out for immediate communication. Pay special attention when the hot guy you’re messaging with always responds immediately or within 15 minutes every time you send a message. You might be flirting with a bot!
- Never open attachments from a stranger. Watch out for women who send you their picture in an attachment. You might be downloading a virus along with it.
- Beware the sob story. Many scammers claim to have ill family members or a similar sob story to tug at your heart strings. Or maybe it’s an emergency in which only you can help. Another scam involves a story in which the woman is on their way to visit, but their credit card is being declined.
- Last but not least, never wire money to a woman you haven’t met in person!
I wish you the best of luck, and if you have any tips or ideas to add here, or a story that might help others avoid trouble, please share below.
Tell us what you think